Wayside Chapel’s Response to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Wayside Chapel is implementing and updating our response to coronavirus in relation to our provision of services to visitors, as well as addressing work, health, and safety concerns for staff, volunteers, and community programs. Wayside Chapel is continuing to follow the advice of the Australian Government, Chief Medical Officer and the Australian Government Department of Health and working with program partners to ensure that all possible procedures are put in place to minimise risks relating to coronavirus and community transmission.
Operational Change Update – 24 December 2021
To minimize the risk and spread of COVID-19 and to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and visitors we have decided to reintroduce COVID-19 safe practices and make changes to our service delivery.
Effective from Friday, 24 December 2021:
• QR Code Check-ins are once again mandatory at all Wayside premises and activities, if visitors does not have the means to use a QR Code, details must be taken and entered into a digital format
Masks and PPE
• People must wear masks when indoors
• Staff are required to wear face masks at all times when indoors including the Heart Cafe and Op Shops. The face mask needs to cover both mouth and nose
• Surgical masks and safety goggles/face shields are required for all workers and volunteers when indoors and outdoors in CSC including the Café
Room Capacity Limits:
• Follow the 1 person per 4 square metre rule in all areas
• No more than two people in the lifts with masks on
Changes to Service delivery effective from Tuesday, 28 December 2021:
• Kings Cross Community Services Centre – Opening times Monday to Friday will be 12pm – 7pm and weekend opening times will be 12pm to 5pm.
• Bondi Community Service Centre will be closed from Christmas Day, Saturday 25 December until Tuesday 4 January. Opening hours from Tuesday 4 January will be 9am – 3pm.
• The Low-cost cafe will be closed and free, takeaway meals will be available from the front of the centre
• Chapel services will return to online service after Christmas Day
Heart Cafe Closed: Positive Covid-19 Case – 22 December 2021
On 22 December one of our staff members at Heart Cafe in Bondi Beach as tested positive for COVID-19. We are currently closed for deep cleaning and all staff are self-isolating pending negative results.
If you have visited Heart Cafe between Friday 17 December and Tuesday 22 December you should monitor for symptoms.
Heart Cafe will reopen on 5 January 2022.
Any questions, please call (02) 9581 9101 or email [email protected].