Wayside Chapel’s Response to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
Wayside Chapel is implementing and updating our response to coronavirus in relation to our provision of services to visitors, as well as addressing work, health, and safety concerns for staff, volunteers, and community programs. Wayside Chapel is continuing to follow the advice of the Australian Government, Chief Medical Officer and the Australian Government Department of Health and working with program partners to ensure that all possible procedures are put in place to minimise risks relating to coronavirus and community transmission.
Operational Change Update – 28 February 2021
On Monday, 28 February, Wayside Chapel will recommence opening hours in Kings Cross from Monday to Sunday, 9am – 4pm. The reopening will include the low-cost cafe as well as our Community Service Centre services, with Aboriginal Cultural Centre supports available to visitors.
Bondi Community Service Centre and low-cost cafe will also reopen. The opening hours are for Community Service Centre are Monday – Friday 9am – 3pm, and the low-cost cafe will be open Monday – Friday 11:30am – 1:30pm.
QR Code Check Ins
- QR Code will still be available but no longer mandatory for visitors and staff at any of Wayside’s sites.
Masks and PPE
- Visitors are no longer required to wear masks except during longer Care Coordination meetings
- All Staff are required to wear masks, when interacting with visitors, regardless of which floor. This includes the Aboriginal Cultural Centre on L2 Kings Cross but also any care coordination happening on any levels at Bondi and Kings Cross
- All Staff – must wear a mask when on the ground floor at CSC Kings Cross, Bondi, and the Op Shop at Kings Cross in order to protect our visitor community
- Masks are no longer mandatory in Bondi at the Op Shop or at the Heart Cafe. Any staff, volunteer or customer who still prefer to wear a mask can do so
- Density limits no longer apply; however, we ask you to continue to keep 1.5m of physical distancing.
Any questions, please call (02) 9581 9101 or email [email protected].